Home > Articles > Guidelines on Parents’ Communication with the School
Guidelines on Parents’ Communication with the School
- PLMGS (Sec)’s official modes of communication with parents are:
- School phone (General Office: Tel: 6281 6606)
- School email (Email: email@example.com)
- School mailing address (296, Lor Ah Soo, Singapore 536742)
- Staff official school email addresses https://www.plmgss.moe.edu.sg/about-us/our-staff/staff-emails
- Parents should only communicate and engage with teachers within school hours (7.30 a.m. - 6 p.m.), on working weekdays, and during school terms.
- Teachers are not expected to respond to parents’ and students’ queries after school hours, during the weekends and school holidays.
- Urgent messages to teachers may be directed to the school’s General Office, should the teachers be in class and are uncontactable during school hours.
- Teachers are not expected to provide their personal mobile numbers to parents / students.
- Appointments for face-to-face meetings with teachers should be made in advance. Parents should email the teachers or contact the General Office at least 3 days in advance, to minimise disruption to their teaching duties.
- Parents will receive a response to their email queries within a reasonable period of time so that sufficient time is given to teachers to ensure that the queries are addressed well:
- 3 working days (Simple query)
- 7 working days (Query that needs some investigation)
- 21 working days (Complex query)
- The school reserves the right not to engage with any parent who is disrespectful, rude or abusive to our staff.
All Civil Servants are protected by Protection from Harassment Act (PoHA).
For details, please read https://sso.agc.gov.sg/Act/PHA2014