Direct School Admission (DSA) for Secondary One 2019
Paya Lebar Methodist Girls’ School (Secondary) is a school with a family culture, anchored on Christian beliefs and values. We believe in providing a holistic education for all our students and stretching each one to their fullest potential. Besides a strong academic programme with value-added results for both our Express and Normal Streams, we also have a vibrant culture of Music, Arts and Sports. In PL, we place strong emphasis on developing our student leaders to be role model who courageously challenge the processes and enable others to act. If you embrace these beliefs and values, we invite you to join our family.
The selection criteria are listed in the table below.
Selection Criteria for Outstanding Individual Talent
Minimum Grade 3 in the Associated Board Schools of Music or other accredited examination boards in musical instruments relevant to the specific performing arts CCA
Musical instruments which the DSA applicants may use for the performing arts CCA auditions are as follows:
* Flute/Clarinet/Oboe/Saxophone/ Trumpet/French Horn/Euphonium/Tuba/ Percussion/Piano/Violin
Track and Field
Representation in zonal or national competitions or equivalent
Students should possess distinctive leadership qualities/disposition such as:
· Positive attitudes, e.g. persevering spirit, excellence mindset
· Passionate in one’s pursuit
· Confident communicators
· Ability to work in teams
Students who hold key leadership positions in the Primary School such as executive committee in the Prefectorial Board or equivalent
Students to include leadership involvement (if any) in
other areas such as:
Active School Involvement
Students who are actively involved in leading school-wide events or events representing schools.
- Click here to download the Application Form for Direct School Admission for Secondary One in 2019.
- Print the Application Form.
- Paste a recent passport-sized photo (black / white or colour)
- Submit your Application Form together with all relevant documents to the following address:
Direct School Admission Application
Paya Lebar Methodist Girls’ School (Secondary)
296 Lorong Ah Soo
Or fax us at 6382 0558
Or email us at email email@example.com
- The Application Form and all supporting documents must reach us by 2 July 2018, 5 pm.
Documents to be attached with Application Form
- One copy of academic results slips from Primary 5 (Mid-Year and Year-end) and 6 (Mid-Year)
- Supporting evidence including relevant certifications, record of achievements and list of relevant experience
- Only applicants for DSA (Student Leadership) will need to submit testimonials. Applicants for the other talent areas are not required to submit testimonials.
- Applicants must sign up for auditions and trials online. Please click on this link to register for auditions and trials. The sign up portal will be opened from 7 May 2018 to 2 July 2018.
- All selection auditions and trials will be held at Paya Lebar Methodist Girls’ School (Secondary) from 4 July 2018 to 26 July 2018.
- Eligible applicants who applied via talent area in leadership need not attend any auditions and trials, the school will contact the applicants for the interview.
- Only candidates who performed well at the auditions and trials will be invited back for an interview from 30 July 2018 to 3 August 2018.
After the Selection Process
- You will be informed of the outcome of your application through DSA by 31 August 2018. No appeal will be considered as the school’s decision on the offer is final.
- You will be given the School Preference Form by 29 October 2018. The deadline for submission of School Preference Form is 2 November 2018, 3 pm.
- The DSA-Sec Results will be released through Primary Schools together with PSLE results. MOE will place you in a secondary school based on your ranked choice and the availability of places. Candidates not studying in our mainstream schools can collect their DSA-Sec results from the MOE Customer Service Centre.
- For further enquiries, please call the General Office at 6281 6606.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Please click here for answers to the frequently asked questions.
- If you need more information about the Direct School Exercise, please click the following MOE link: http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/dsa-sec/