Home > About Us > Our Houses > Dodsworth

Dodsworth

DSC_0600.jpg
Dodsworth House is named after Dr. and Mrs Marmaduke Dodsworth. Dr. Dodsworth was an American missionary and was a regular speaker at the chapel services. He began his work in Malacca in 1922 at the Malacca Anglo Chinese School. With his wife, he acquired land to build a hostel, so that the local boys from outlying districts of Malacca were able to stay in the hostel and study in the school. He was also the principal of ACS Malacca in 1924. Dr. and Mrs Dodsworth were resident missionaries of the Methodist Mission in Malacca. They were instrumental in the erection of the current MGS-Malacca's primary school through the raising of funds. Despite their tight programme, they taught a co-education class of Anglo Chinese School and Methodist Girls' School students in the afternoons.