Home > About Us > Our Houses > Archer

Archer

KV6T8602.jpg
Archer House is named after Bishop R.L. Archer. in 1950. Bishop Archer was the first bishop to be elected by the South-East Asia Central Conference. Bishop Archer had many years of missionary service in Java, Sumatra, and Malaya. He contributed significantly to education in Malaya; he is fondly remembered for speaking classical Malay to the delight and appreciation of all who heard him at the opening ceremony of the Klang ACS. During the opening ceremony of our school in Boundary Road in 1953 by Mr R. E, Ince Singapore Service, Bishop Archer officiated in Dedication Service of Education. He was also on the board of Education in 1953. Mrs Archer was a popular chapel speaker at PLMGS, Boundary Road in the early 50s, being a good friend of Rev. and Mrs Chew.